March 8, 2009

A Rommy Birthday

It has become something of a tradition at our house to make papercraft decorations for birthdays. This weekend we celebrated my wife's birthday and I decorated with a Rommy bunny paper toy. The Rommy series of paper toys are the creation of Japanese paper engineer Tetsuya Watabe. I chose Watabe's "Kiss, Kiss, Kiss" Rommy because it goes well with the secret pet name I have for my wife (don't tell, but it is the same as the name of a certain brand of carrots in the US). Want to know another secret? Most of the variations in the Rommy series are no longer available for download, however an archive of all the past designs may be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank god i stumble upon your blog. I wonder why Rommy would close some of their collection yet would post the picture still. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete